This website is operated by Barnet, registered as Tower Hamlets Summer Education Ltd, registered company number 2017713, which has its registered office at Ground Floor, 24-26 Fournier Street, London E1 6QE.
We may revise these terms at any time at our sole discretion. Please check back regularly for updates, you can easily determine whether changes have been made by confirming the version date at the top of this page. Your continued use of our website means that you agree to these terms, as revised.
- 1.1 Although portions of our website may be visited by any Visitor, you will need to register as a User to be able to sign up for a course. Registration on our website is free.
- 1.2 Registration as a Coordinator must be arranged through liaison with us. When registered as a Coordinator you will be provided with a password which you must change immediately.
- 1.3 To register as a User or Coordinator you must agree that any information you provide to us about yourself upon registration or at any other time will be true, accurate, up to date and complete. We reserve the right to terminate your registration and access to our website if we learn that you have provided false or misleading information.
- 1.4 When you register to use our website, you will be asked to create a user name and password. You agree not to divulge your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and will be fully responsible for all liabilities arising in connection with your password's use (or misuse), whether such use or misuse is with or without your knowledge or approval. If you suspect that someone else knows of or is using your password, you must notify us immediately by emailing us.
- 1.5 If you forget your password, please click on the 'Forgotten your password?' link under the LOGIN menu header and we will send you an email to reset your password.
- 1.6 We have the absolute discretion to cancel your user name/password at any time if we suspect it is being used by an unauthorised person.
2. Your use of our website
- 2.1 For the purposes of these terms, "Content" refers to all data, text, logos, artwork, software, documents, images, photographs and other materials you may download from, or upload to, our website including information about yourself, messages posted in the Forum, and information about courses.
- 2.2 You must ensure that any Content that you submit to our Forum complies with the terms and conditions of the site hosting the Forum area.
- 2.3 You agree that you will not use our website:
- (a) for commercial purposes or to obtain financial gain without our prior written consent;
- (b) to send chain letters, junk mail, 'spam', business or bulk communications of any kind;
- (c) to advertise a company, product or service of any educational establishment except under the terms of a written advertiser agreement that we have entered into with you;
- (d) in a way, that might reasonably be expected to cause another person's computer system and/or their communications network to be interrupted, damaged or rendered less efficient;
- (e) to obtain personal information from Coordinators, Users or Visitors under the age of 16, or from anyone if such information is gathered deceptively or in a non-transparent way;
- (f) to obtain passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users or Coordinators;
- (g) to attempt to impersonate another User or Coordinator; or
- (h) to harass, threaten or intimidate any User or Coordinator.
- 2.4 You will be for responsible for logging out from your registered account at the end of each session on our website.
- 2.5 If you are a Visitor, you agree not to obtain unauthorised access to areas of our website reserved for Users or Coordinators.
- 2.6 If you are a User, you agree not to obtain unauthorised access to areas of our website reserved for Coordinators.
- 2.7 If you are aware of anything on our website which appears to infringe these terms, you agree to contact us immediately.
3. Under 16 years of age
- 3.1 If you are under 16 years of age and want to become a User, you must obtain a parent or guardian's permission before registering on our website. You may also discuss these terms with them before obtaining their permission.
- 3.2 If you are a User under 16 years old, you will need to obtain a parent or guardian's permission before signing up to a course. You should never reveal personal information about yourself such as: your address, telephone number or school except through the secure sign-up system.
4. Website content posted
- We operate a "take down and notice" procedure. If you believe that any website Content is defamatory, profane, sexually or racially offensive or discriminating, harassing, threatening, obscene, pornographic, false, unreliable, misleading or otherwise objectionable, or infringes intellectual property or other legal rights, please notify us immediately. We will investigate each matter notified to us and will act in our sole discretion.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
- 5.1 You agree that our website and all Content contained in it is protected by Intellectual Property Rights that either belong to or are licensed to us.
- 5.2 You acquire no proprietary interest in our website or Content provided by us or others and may not use them in any way except as expressly permitted by these terms.
- 5.3 You may view, print, download or temporarily store such Content for your personal, non-commercial reference without alteration, addition or deletion. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer such Content. You acknowledge that you will not acquire any Intellectual Property Rights by downloading or otherwise using any such Content.
- 5.4 By submitting Content to our Community Areas:
- (a) you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and communicate to the public such Content, and;
- (b) you authorise us to adapt such Content and you agree to waive your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment, or to be identified as the author, of the material in question.
6. Our Rights
- 6.1 We may preserve or disclose the Content and your personal details as well as any Content to any third party if such disclosure is necessary:
- (a) for the purpose of maintaining our website;
- (b) by law, or;
- (c) to respond to claims that our website infringes or restricts the rights of any party.
- 6.2 We may suspend or terminate your access to our website at any time if you breach any of these terms.
- 7.1 Our website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties or representations of any kind, express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 7.2 You understand and agree that we do not guarantee the accuracy, relevancy or completeness of any information in or provided on or from our website. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. Our website is provided for the general information of the general public.
- 7.3 Your use and participation in our website and services are solely at your own risk. No advice or information obtained by you from our website, whether oral or written, shall create any warranty not expressly made in these terms or imposed by law.
- 7.4 We make no warranty that our website will meet your requirements, or that access to our website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of our website.
8. Limitation of Liability
- 8.1 Except as required by law, we will not be liable for any direct losses or damages arising in contract, tort (including negligence) and for any reason.
- 8.2 Except as required by law, we shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses or damages or loss of profits, data, goodwill, revenue in each case regardless of whether such losses or damages arise in the normal course of events or whether we have been advised of the possibility of such damages and whether such losses or damages arise in contact or tort (including negligence) and for any reason.
- 8.3 Nothing in these terms shall operate to exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
9. Territory Statement
Please do not access or use the Content from a jurisdiction where such access or use would be contrary to applicable laws, rules or regulations of any governmental authority or regulatory organisation. If you breach this provision, you will be held entirely responsible.
We may assign our rights and obligations under these terms and upon such assignment we shall be relieved of any further obligation under these terms. You are not permitted to assign your rights and obligations under these terms.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.