About this course:
Over this school holiday participants will learn the general skills required to play squash and enjoy playing games and matches. During the coaching sessions players will learn:
1. How to move and interact safely in a squash court.
2. Basic racket skills
3. Develop, forehand, backhand, serve and serve return.
4. Racket head skills and apply them to racket and ball awareness
5. Analyse their own and others work to help them improve.
More experienced players will also learn additional shots such as cross court, volley and boast from varying conditions.
It is a requirement that all participants bring a bottle of water and comfy clothes, as this is a sport based activity!!!!
Like the sound of this course? What to do next?
Every young person MUST go through the process below to access the course.
1. You must complete and submit your child's consent form
2. Press the 'Enrol' button on the course page
3. If you have been successful you will receive a 'shortlisted' email within 2-3weeks.
4. To accept the place you must make payment with 48hours
5. Turn up to your chosen course and have FUN!
We cannot approve your place before you have competed and submitted your consent form.
The cost of this course is £20
Courses are already subsidised no less than 50% by the Local Authority. You will be required within 48 hours of you receiving your 'Shortlisted email to make payment.
How can I pay?
Telephone: You can call the contact centre on 020 8359 3100 quoting your child's name and their ID reference number.
In person: We accept only cash or cheques (made payable to LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) within our centres.
Canada Villa Youth Activity Centre or Finchley Youth Centre. Please ensure you receive a receipt.
Don’t forget to spread the word to other young people within Barnet! Watch this space for new and exciting courses that will be publicised on the Barnet Youth website!
Please note: All courses are subject to change or cancellation at the discretion of the Barnet Children's Service!!