How do I register a young person?
· All bookings are made by parents, carers and professional or young people that are over 18 online through our website: www.barnetyouth.uk
- If you already have an account you can login using the panel to the right.
- If this is your first time sign up for a Parent Account here.
- After sign up check your email to validate (might be in your junk folder)
- You will then need to create linked accounts for each child you want to enrol for our activities
- Allow 20 minutes for sign up. After sign up, bookings take a couple of minutes.
- SIGN UP [button linking to register form]
· If you need assistance one of our team will be happy to help and can be reached on 0208 359 3100 please request “the Barnet Youth Support Line” or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions including the GDPR before making any booking.
· All bookings are subject to availability.
· The person making the booking accepts the booking conditions on behalf of all on the young people enrolments.
Can you book it for me over the phone?
All bookings need to be made online, however in extreme circumstances we are able to help by taking the booking.
· Positive Activities can take bookings right up until the course starts subject to availability. If parents/carers arrive with children who are not booked in, you may unfortunately be turned away.
What ages do you work with?
- Barnet 0-19 Early Help Service works with 0-19year olds and up to 25 years with Disabilities and / or Autism.
- Each course has an age range. You can search for the appropriate courses through the ‘search’ button.
Can my child be in the same group as a friend, brother or sister if they are different ages?
- Positive Activities have activities suitable for all ages and we are able to accommodate mixed age groups for most activities. Therefore if your child would like to be grouped with friends or family they can choose to do so.
What courses do you do?
- We have a range of courses within the following areas;
- Each holiday the courses will change dependant on the requests of young people. If your young person has any activities they would like to attend please do email us on email@example.com
How much are courses?
- Positive Activities are fully inclusive and we try to support all children. It is important that we are fully informed of any child with additional needs so we can try and support him/her in the best way possible. The best way to do this is by notifying us on the application form. We would also suggest raising this with our team on firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If your child requires 1 to 1 support, we ask that you provide this. We can try to help and arrange this. We do not offer 1 to 1 support as standard so this would be chargeable at an hourly rate. If required, we would suggest you speak with IPOP Barnet, Barnet Mencap and Resources for Autism who may be able to help you access support.
- How do I pay? Applications that are Shortlisted will receive an email with instruction on how to pay.
- To make your course payment. The quickest and easiest way to do this is by calling 020 8359 3100 ask to be put through to “The Barnet Youth Support Line” then make a payment over the phone using a credit or debit card. Or send in a cheque made payable to London Borough of Barnet, with your ID number and Course Title.
- We do not accept cash
I can’t get through to the contact centre?
If you can’t get through to the contact centre please contact the Positive activities team at BYES@barnet.gov.uk
What happens if someone else needs to pick up my child?
Only people listed as an emergency contact can collect a child. If a parent or carer informs the positive activities team that they have authorised another person to collect their child. Parents/Carers will also need to give the person’s name and they will need to provide ID. Staff will only release children to people they know or can verify. Any person collecting your child must be over 18 years of age.
How do I know when I have a place on a course?
Once you have enrolled on a selected course you will be sent emails to update you on your Application Status. You can also keep updated by visiting your My Space Page by Sign in.
‘Course Application Status’ Key:
Pending: Waiting to be reviewed by the Positive Activities Team.
Shortlisted: Offer of place on course, make payment within 48hours.
Accepted: Confirmation that your child has a place and you are fully paid.
Waiting List: Your child is now on the waiting list for the course and you will be contacted if a place becomes available.
Unsuccessful: You have not received a place on course.
What is your cancellation/refund policy?
We do not offer refunds on courses unless there is a significant change of situation which can be discussed with a member of the Positive activities team – FR ADD
What if we miss a session?
If you know that your child is going to miss a session please get in touch with us. If a significant amount of the course will be missed and we are informed within 72hrs prior to the session we will be able to release their space and either transfer your booking to a future date or provide you with a credit note. If we are informed with less than 48hrs notice this may not be possible.
How does drop off and collection work?
Please be aware that our courses run within many venues around the borough. Not all the venues allow or have onsite parking or have a reception or gallery for you to wait for your child/ren. Therefore, we advise especially on the first day to arrive 10-15mins early and please make sure that your child/ren are in the right venue with the correct tutor or course facilitator.
Where will the activity/course take place?
- On each course/activity page on the website the address of the venue is found. You will also be sent the address in your Shortlisted and Accepted emails . We will notify you if they are any changes to venues.
- Please call 0208 359 3100 and ask for “the Barnet Youth Support Line” if you have trouble finding the venue address.
What do I need to bring?
- Please send your young person with a snack for the break times, packed lunch if the course runs for the whole day, resealable & refillable water bottle.
- We recommend packing according to the activity and also our unpredictable English weather; on any given day this should include sun cream, sun hat, waterproofs or warmer clothing.
- Please note: all activities are Nut-Free zones.
- Please also bear in mind that refrigeration is not available at our settings.
- Please bring a snack or packed lunch depending on length of course/activity
- Please ensure all items brought to one of our activities are clearly labelled. Please ensure young people do not bring any valuable toys or belongings with them as Positive Activities and our partner providers cannot be held responsible if they go missing.
- If your young person is attending a course all resources and equipment will be provided. But if your child has their own that they would like to bring in they can do. For example; Camera for Photography course; Bike or skateboard for Cycling or Skateboarding; a musical instrument for Learn an instrument in a week.
- Please note that any personal equipment brought in is at your own risk and the service is not responsible for any loss or damage.
My child is going to be absent, late or I need to cancel an activity, what should I do?